Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Made the scarf and...

Finally finished the entrelac scarf! Part of the reason was that I was working on a wallet and bag for my upcoming trip to London.
Knitting the scarf was an amazing experience. Entrelac is a fun technique/stitch. One thing about it is that one is constantly turning the work. I got bored with that and the result was I taught myself to 'perl back' without turning! This resulted in my teaching myself to knit left handed! After knitting for over 50 years this is quite a revelation. I hope I can apply it to my next project(the green yarns from my previous post).
It looks difficult but it is not. Just a lot of picking up stitches and turning, unless you can learn to go back and forth without turning. Pardon the random rainbows. There are prisms in the window.

Meanwhile, I'm in search of the perfect bag for my trip to London to visit cousins in a couple of weeks.
I found a great piece of fabric in my stash and purchased coordinating brown strap material, the trim, and the batik lining which isn't visible here.
Oops, I haven't tacked the boxed corners yet! You can't see the lining or the fact that it is a double bag. I love the stitching on the strap! I need to add some zipper pulls. I used this pattern. which I altered a bit. Didn't do as good a job on the zippers. Need more practice.
Also I made this cute wallet from this pattern:


But I think I'm going to make another wallet from the bag's lining fabric, which is marvelous. I used a thick fabric and didn't have the proper stiffener, but now I do. This makes a nice clutch but is bulky in the bag. Stay tuned for a post with the results and a picture of the inside of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment